52 Week High Information Incorrect

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RobertF, May 11, 2018.

52 Week High Information Incorrect

1. RobertF

RobertF New Member

Hi,

I'm using a built-in function to track the 52-week high for various ETFs in my portfolio. For example:

=x_week_high(A3,"52")

I've noticed that some of the resulting data is incorrect. For example, IGV shows a 52wh of 145.70. ITA shows a 52wh of 169.61. Is this to be expected? I should add that I have the Formula Mode in my Settings set to Individual Mode.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rob,

Ok, I am checking on this now

Kind regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

3. RobertF

RobertF New Member

Ankur, any news on why those two ETF tickers' 52-week highs aren't updating? MarketXLS won't meet my needs if it's unable to provide accurate daily prices. Thanks very much.

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rob,

The individual mode is fine for this.
    Sorry for the delay in checking this. I will check it tonight and come back. Just to confirm do you mean iShares North American Tech-Software ETF? If yes than the number looks a bit low, i agree and I am checking on it.

Thanks
    Ankur

5. RobertF

RobertF New Member

Hi Ankur,

Yes, you're correct. IGV is the iShares N. American Tech Software Index ETF and ITA is the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Aerospace & Defense ETF. Thank you!

6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rob,

Ok, I checked this and this is a bit strange. The data we have in our database seem to be exacly what its coming from the source. And the script that runs on the server seems to be working fine as well. Essentially, what we do is take the 52 week Calendar days and return the maximum of the close price. Even if there is a difference of the Calendar /trading days the difference you highlighted is a too much.
    I am wondering if there is anything in IGV that I am not aware of.

Did you notice any other example of such difference? I am looking to check one or to similar if any to come to a conclusion.

Kind regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

upload_2018-5-30_14-36-57.png upload_2018-5-30_14-36-57.png