Can't Find Certain Option Functions

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jmalcolm001, Mar 7, 2016.

Can't Find Certain Option Functions

1. jmalcolm001

jmalcolm001 New Member

I just started using marketxls yesterday, and so I am still trying to input my portfolio. I was able to find all of the necessary functions for stocks and mutual funds, but am unable to find some key functions for options. The ones that I am unable to find are "Last", "Change", "Change in Percent", "Days High", "Day Low". It would also be helpful if there was some way to find the option ticker symbol, since they can be difficult to find elsewhere. Also, are the Greeks (Delta, Beta & Gamma) for options available?

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jerry,

For Last price for options, you can use =Last1("Symbol"). Change, High, Low along with Greeks are not available as of now.

What is available for Options is the following...
    1) Ask
    2) Bid
    3) Expiration Date
    4) Open
    5) Open Interest
    6) Previous Close
    7) Strike Price
    8) Volume

Regarding the option ticker symbol, if you have a pro version you can get full Option Chain for any stock by selecting the cell with the stock name and clicking on "Option Chain" button in the Utilities in the menu.

Kind regards
    Ankur

3. jmalcolm001

jmalcolm001 New Member

Ankur:

Thank you for your prompt response. Regarding the use of "=Last1" for the last trade price for an option, I note that this function is not listed under the MarketXLS Options category, so am I correct in assuming that I should use the Last1 function under the MarketXLS Stocks category? I tried using that function, but it generated a 15 digit numerical value that is very similar to the last 15 digits of the option ticker symbol. I tried this with 6 different call options and got the same result will all 6.

Please clarify on the use of Last1.

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jerry,

I see the issue of the Last1. It should ideally return Last price of an option. I can replicate the issue and adding it to the fix list of the new release.

Kind regards
    Ankur

5. Carl

Carl New Member

Hi Ankur, I too am interested in a function to obtain the delta of a specified option. Can this be added?

6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Carl,

I have all advanced option functions in this release using Barchart API. Now, this has many advanced option functions as shown in the thread below, and as you know option data is very costly. So, these functions will be only available at an extra cost. I am negotiating with Barchart so that we can deliver these at a minimum monthly cost for the users who may need these.

Barchart Advanced Option Functions - Optional Addon

I was wondering, how much (if at all) you would be okay to pay for this data? This will help me work with Barchart to come to a best price for end users. Thanks for your feedback.

7. Carl

Carl New Member

Hi Ankur,

I see the Barchart addon does provide the delta value of an option and this is the only feature that would be useful to me at this time until I find time to explore all the Barchart functions. The value to me would be $25/month but less is always best!

I am looking for the latest update and haven't found where I can download it yet. But will keep looking. I recall your email on Tuesday may contain the link.

Thank you,
    Carl