Getting data from LSE

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tpwicksteed, Jul 4, 2016.

Getting data from LSE

1. tpwicksteed

tpwicksteed New Member

Hi there, thank you for making this tool, if I am able to solve the below problem I will find it incredibly useful and it will be money well spent!

I'm a UK investor and as such mostly invest in stocks from the LSE. I've noticed that by default functions seem to look at the NYSE for information. If I put a stock in that is only listed on the LSE e.g. SBRY for Sainsbury's, I get a value of N/A in the cell.

I've been able to solve the issue for a few of formulas: Last(), Ask(), PERatio(), PEGRatio(), by adding a ".L" suffix to the symbol. e.g. =Last("SBRY.L"). These formulas pick up on it and hand back the correct numbers for the LSE.

However every other formula I've tried so far continues to return N/A. The ones I need for my analysis in particular are:
    • EPSEstimateNextYear()
    • DividendBetweenTwoDates()
    • DividendDate()
    • DividendPayDate()
    • DividendPayoutRatio()
    • DividendPerShare()
    Am I doing something wrong or do these formulas not support the LSE? If the latter then that is a problem because I really need those formulas for my analysis, esp. the dividend ones.

I did check prior to purchase and note that it says on the Pricing page that MarketXLS does support European exchanges.

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Tim

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tim,

The dividend data is not available at the moment for the LSE stocks, but we are in process of getting this data. Most other key stats including pricing, historical pricing etc is available.

Kind regards

Ankur for MarketXLS

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Tim,

We have this in our list of development and you will have this soon.

Kind regards

Ankur for MarketXLS

4. tpwicksteed

tpwicksteed New Member

Thank you for the swift reply Ankur, could you give me some kind of rough time estimate for when this feature will be in? Many thanks, Tim.

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tim,

We have a coming release in during this week or early next week, we intend to get more data especially EU historical dividends etc in the release after this one.

Kind regards

Ankur for MarketXLS