Historical Fundamental Data - Incorrect Values

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kathleen Phinney, Apr 17, 2020.

Historical Fundamental Data - Incorrect Values

1. Kathleen Phinney

Kathleen Phinney New Member

Hi!
    I am having issue with pulling correct historical fundamental data.
    Enterprise Value (current and historical) are wrong for a significant portion of tickers I am looking at, as is total debt.
    These metrics are easily double checked and the values being returned are significantly higher than what is being reported.
    Is this an error in the data the formulas are pulling from or an issue with the formula itself?
    Thank you.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kathleen,

Please can you post an example? Which function and which symbol are you using?

Kind Regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

3. Kathleen Phinney

Kathleen Phinney New Member

Hi,

Thank you for responding.
    As an example I will use Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:J). Using the formula =hf_Enterprise_Value(cell #,2019,4,"TTM") produced an EV of $26.77B, when it should be ~$11.6B, then using =hf_Enterprise_Value(Cell #,2018,4,"TTM") to get the prior year (same period) EV, produced an EV of $29.7B, when it should be ~$12.4B. Using that same formula, ManTech (MANT) is resulting in EV's about double what it should be. MANT EV should be running around ~$2B, but it is showing EV of around $4-5B. These numbers are double checked against sites like SeekingAlpha and Thomson Reuters. I am trying to look at EV over the past few years, not just today. [Cell # means referring to the cell which has the ticker symbol]
    Some companies EV values are correct.
    In other cases companies like PAE and Boeing produce NA values or incorrect negative values for Revenue, EBITDA, and EV.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Regards,
    Kathleen

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, we are checking on this and will push out an update this week to fix this.

Kind Regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kathleen,

We pushed an update for this. Please can you restart your Excel and try again?

Many thanks
    Ankur