Improve Refresh Selected

Discussion in 'Feature Ideas' started by Parkd2, Jun 17, 2018.

Improve Refresh Selected

1. Parkd2

Parkd2 New Member

I often work in manual calculation mode to set up new trade entries. "Refresh Selected" lets me quickly update and see the results. However, it takes time to select the columns in a row before I refresh. It would be quicker if I could just select the entire row except then I get a "too many cells selected" error because of all the blank cells at the end of the row.

Would it be possible to add a feature when an entire row or column is selected to find the end of the row or column data and refresh only that range? That way I could enter my data, select the row and Refresh Selected - 2 clicks. The "too many cells" error would still occur if there are too many data cells but the blank cells at the end of the row/column would not be refreshed or counted.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi ,

Yes, this is a good idea. We will try and get this out. There is a property in Excel called used cells we can probably use that one. We will fist need to some way identify if we did select a full row or a column. "Would it be possible to add a feature when an entire row or column is selected to find the end of the row or column data and refresh only that range?" - I think so we can do it. I will try and figure it out.

I generally use CTRL + Left or Right arrow as shortcut to navigate.

Kind regards
    Ankur

3. Parkd2

Parkd2 New Member

CTRL + Left or Right does not always take you to the first or last cell with a value. I frankly haven't figured out why it stops where it does! Eventually it will get to the last cell but it takes a few strokes. I also would need to navigate to the first cell, hold the shift key down and move to the last cell. It just takes time! I guess you could get complicated and find the first value cell in the row/column and the last but I would be happy taking the range and finding the last value cell in the row/column and refresh up to that point - i.e. assume everything in the first cells have values.

I'm glad to hear you like this idea! it will be a real time saver for me!