Last function returning incorrect values

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by John Tangney, Sep 30, 2017.

Last function returning incorrect values

Tags:
  1. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

I have been out of town for a couple of weeks. Just did a Refresh All on my investments. Prices returned for stocks and ETF's appear to be correct. However those for mutual funds are not.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

We did push an update on Friday to fix some of the MF prices. May I ask if you have an example symbol for us to look at and check again?

Many thanks
    Ankur

3. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Symbol “Last” value Brokerage and Morningstar Value
    AKREX 30.38 30.50
    TWEIX 9.49 9.51

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

Ok, the thing is there could be minor differences as our data is coming from BATS. I am checking these for you.

Kind regards
    Ankur

5. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Since Mutual Fund final prices are set at the end of the day, after the markets close, it sounds like there should be an extra scan of mutual fund prices a few hours after the markets close.

marketxls likes this.
  6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

I see. Hmm. ok

7. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Much, much better! Just did my weekly update and all but one price was spot on! The only one that was off was PFODX. You returned a price of $10.64, but both my broker and Morningstar have a price of $10.63. This is a foreign bond fund, so may take a bit longer for it to be accurate. So, if you took my suggestion above, perhaps another couple of hours would help.

8. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Today MarketXLS gave PFODX at $10.64 (should be $10.66) and PONDX at $12.43 (should be $12.44). Everything else is good.

Also, another issue I forgot to mention earlier. After using MarketXLS and copying values from it to other spreadsheets, when I exit Excel, an error message come up and it restarts Excel. Then I close Excel and it closes fine. This is fairly consistent.

9. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Just ran my weekly update and today most values are off, some considerably. First an ETF, SCHK your value $$25.28, true value $25.30. Mutual funds appear worse off. AKREX, $31.22 vs. $31.60; NWFFX, $65.27 vs. $65.41; OAKMX, $84.03 vs. $84.87. These are a few examples, but most appear wrong! Not good!!!

10. Ted Hatch

Ted Hatch New Member

Dear MKTXLS support,

I am a long term user, currently running version 8.0.0.6.

This very annoying problem (out-of-date prices) often occurs with mutual funds. Currently (10/28/17) the Last(), LastPriceRT(), and MF_Price() functions are all reporting the closing prices from two days ago. For example, Last(VFIJX) currently returns 10.48 (the closing price on 10/25) whereas it should return 10.49 (the closing price on 10/27). Also, Last(FUSVX) returns 89.49 (the closing price on 10/25) whereas it should return 90.32 (the closing price on 10/27).

I usually update my portfolio spreadsheets on Saturdays, so the prices returned by the above functions should be Friday's closing prices. But often they are not - they are either one day old or two days old.

PLEASE find and use a source for mutual fund prices that provides up-to-date information!!!
    --Ted

11. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ted,

I am looking into this issue for you.

Kind regards
    Ankur

12. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

I just tried my weekly update again tonight and now the values are good. As Ted said this is a problem that has been going on for a long time and definitely needs fixing!

John

13. Ted Hatch

Ted Hatch New Member

I tried my spreadsheets again (morning of 10/29) and the values now appear to be correct. I concur with John's statement "this is a problem that has been going on for a long time and definitely needs fixing!"

Ted

marketxls likes this.
  14. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

This morning's update and only the price of TWEIX was off. Correct value is $9.57. but MarketXLS returns $9.56.

John

15. Ted Hatch

Ted Hatch New Member

My mutual fund prices all seem to be correct today (Sat. Nov 11 at 5 PM)
    Ted

marketxls likes this.