LastPriceRealTime() is very wrong

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Greg Resker, Dec 27, 2017.

LastPriceRealTime() is very wrong

1. Greg Resker

Greg Resker New Member

It's 10:15am 12/27/2017. How can LastPriceRealTime() for BBY be 64.42 when it hasn't touched that price in the last 7 days? Something is really wrong with your feed or you are holding on to old data.

2. Greg Resker

Greg Resker New Member

BTW, I have seen this randomly on other stocks several times now so it has become a trust issue.

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Greg,

Is it Blackberry? It looks like the symbol has changed. Let me have a look and come back.

Kind regards

4. Greg Resker

Greg Resker New Member

Hi -

No, it was Best Buy. This problem has been occuring from time to time with different symbols. It's as if the cell has data from a much earlier time even though other symbols in my table have a price that I can see is current within the last few minutes. This seems random and it has occured with 6 or 7 different stock at different times. Even if I try to update just the incorrect cell it doesn't change, then I look at it an hour later (I keep 5min refresh on) and it's correct.

Thanks,
    Greg Resker

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Greg,

We do have a little bit of caching built on the default data is indeed not real time is delayed. But it should definitely not as different as being 7 days ago price.
    For BBBY i seem to get correct value 69.16

Would be great if you try it again tomorrow in the morning and let me know if this still continues.

Kind regards
    Ankur

6. Greg Resker

Greg Resker New Member

Ankur -

Thank you for the reply. All I can do is report this when it happens. It does not seem repeatable in any pattern and it seems to be random as to what symbols so checking doesn't provide additional information. I will document occurences when I see them and pass them along to you.

marketxls likes this.
  7. Yanique

Yanique Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you, Greg,

Ankur will look into this, but please let us know when this happens again and with which stock.