Lookup Stocks with Earnings by Date in Excel

Discussion in 'Utilities and Apps' started by marketxls, Apr 11, 2017.

Lookup Stocks with Earnings by Date in Excel

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Using the Earnings by Date lookup feature of MarketXLS, you can easily lookup stocks with earnings by date, that is, stocks that declared their earnings or will be declaring earnings on a particular date. The feature is specially useful when you are planning to make a trade in the market on a particular date. With this tool, you can just provide a date and easily get a list of stocks that will be declaring earnings on that date

Let’s look at how to use the earnings by date lookup in excel.

The earnings by date lookup feature is available under the Utilities section of the MarketXLS panel in excel.

1.png

To lookup stocks with earnings by date in MarketXLS is a two-step process:
    • Type a date in a cell in excel (for example, 11/18/2016, i.e., 18th November, 2016).
    • Select the cell containing the information and click the ‘Earnings by date’ button.

MarketXLS will search for all the stocks that will be declaring their earnings on that date and present the results to you in a new sheet. In the following example, I searched for ‘11/18/2016’, and as you can see, I am presented with all the stocks that will be declaring earnings on that date.

2.png

As you can see the resulting table contains three pieces of information, the company name, the ticker symbol, and the time of earnings declaration, which could be before market open, after market close, etc. Once you have the list of companies, you can start using it in your stock research such as downloading historical stock quotes data in excel.

The Earnings by date lookup feature is available in MarketXLS Pro version.

#1 marketxls, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017