MarketXLS Server Update

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, Nov 7, 2017.

MarketXLS Server Update

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

I wanted to update you that we have upgraded MarketXLS servers and overall the process went well. You should notice low latency and faster updates.

Today we will work on DaysHigh, DaysLow, Volume, RSI a few more to get them optimized and re-checked.

To make the last Price moving faster and for it to be close to real-time markets, we are talking to IEX to see if we can secure real-time data by default in MarketXLS.

We are also working to change the data calling mechanism to Group mode from excel for faster refreshes when dealing with a large number of functions. So, instead of each cell calling server, we call the server in a batch. We will keep you posted on new releases and will get this done shortly.

From the tests, we conducted we should be much better than last week. Overall, we are still in maintenance mode this week.

dpcooper likes this.
  2. AndyTrades

AndyTrades New Member

Yes, server updates noticeably FASTER today, since the upgrades. 192 quotes in just under 1 min, use to take 3+ mins. Thank you

marketxls and dpcooper like this.
  3. dpcooper

dpcooper New Member

MarketXLS is working so well now! Thank you for your work to improve the speed of updating. I am getting immediate updates when choosing a single stock. To have real time data will be a dream come true!

marketxls likes this.
  4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank You.

We are trying to get the real time data from IEX exchange.
    The Investors Exchange | IEX

We are still checking if it will be the true real time or even if its close, I think that will be great. We will update soon on how this goes.

Kind regards
    Ankur

5. mikewentink

mikewentink New Member

I seem to remember there was supposed to be several fixes coming in February 2018. What's the status of that update? I trade stock options and pricing is not working properly. Getting lots of N/A's, which is devastating to my business. Please Fix.

J W and dpcooper like this.
  6. dpcooper

dpcooper New Member

I am also not getting prices for options. I do wish prices for stocks and options were provided by someone better than Yahoo at keeping current with prices.

J W likes this.
  7. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

We have some issues with Options functions right now, we are working with Quotemedia to get this resolved with better and more consistent feed. This may mean changes to some functions in the Excel client and pricing model for the users. We are trying our best to make sure there is no impact financially to your part.

We are working on a new release which will have new functions for Option Pricing coming from Quotemedia, in the meanwhile we are trying to get the default functions working fine.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

dpcooper likes this.
  8. mikewentink

mikewentink New Member

Please get a temporary fix SOON, things are getting critical.

9. dpcooper

dpcooper New Member

I like the speed of the updates to my equity files now, but I am still having problems with the accuracy or timeliness of updates to option prices, especially long term option prices such as IBM Jan17, 2020 calls and puts. Will we see improvement in this any time soon?

10. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi dpcooper,

For options and mutual funds we will be migrating new Quotemedia feeds. That would mean there will be a couple of new functions with which you will be able to get options data. There may be a slight addon charge for this pricing for better data feed and accuracy. We are working to make sure that the migration is easier for you and at a very small cost if needed. We will not change the existing functions but will have new options available for you to get a lot more for options (including real time), chains, volatility etc.

Kind regards
    Ankur