New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.0

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, Jan 11, 2017.

New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.0

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

-----note ----

If you are getting an error message when you update to version 8 and the error message says something like... config system failed to initialize. Please see the following video...

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

----------------------------note-----

Following are the key updates in this release of MarketXLS:

1) New Symbol Lookup functionality:

Just type a symbol, name, partial text and click on symbol lookup to get matching symbols, companies.

[​IMG]
    More details about this functionality are available at our knowledgebase here.

2) Periodicity for Historical Data:

While getting the historical data, you should now be able to choose the periodicity along with the dates. You can immediately change the daily OHLCV values to Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly values.

[​IMG]

3) Portfolio Management Fixes:

We have optimized and fixed a lot of issues with the current portfolio management module. There also have been many enhancements in the portfolio management module. Like color coding, date format handling, etc.

4) Floating Licenses:

From this release onwards you will be able to use MarketXLS on multiple PCs as long as you are using it on one PC at a time.

You can get your existing license from MarketXLS menu, Settings/Help>> License Information as shown below. Simply, copy the license and install MarketXLS on another machine and apply license on the new computer.

5) New Data Sources:

We are working with a very reputed data vendor and will very in the middle of signing exchange agreements to secure more accurate data. These changes may require us to distinguish been professional and non-professional subscribers. Even though this is not an immediate requirement, with this update the license will be tagged to make a distinction between the type of usage. This differentiation in use of the software is to make sure we continue to provide you the best value through MarketXLS. We will keep you posted about the updates on this topic even though, most of the changes will be seamless on our servers without you noticing any differences.

Below are the key tasks we are working on for coming release:

1) New Price screener to be able to screen stocks on quotes and volatility
    2) Valuation Models
    3) Add more price/volatility related screeners just like the RSI one.
    4) Latency fixes - caching on the servers

#1 marketxls, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. twent2t

twent2t New Member

That seems to work but now it says that I do not have a valid license.  I tried to use the activation key that you sent me back in February last year but is says that that is invalid.  Please send me a valid activation code.

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Don,
    The same should now be fixed, please use the same license key and try again.

Kind regards
    Ankur

4. vballnut

vballnut New Member

I experienced the same problem.  Do I need to do something?

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Eddie,

I checked your key it seems to be okay. I am sending the key again to your email.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Kind regards
    Ankur

6. bteitel

bteitel New Member

How do I donwload the new version? I currently have the version 7 installer and 3 yet to be deployed licenses. Thanks!

7. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Brad,

As discussed in email, you should have the link now. Let me know if you face any issues.

Kind regards
    Ankur