New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.3

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, Jun 20, 2017.

New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.3

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Following are the key updates in this release of MarketXLS….

1) Performance - New AWS Servers

Yesterday morning, we moved our servers to brand new and better AWS infrastructure. So, we are now running an ECS clusters of VMs which will feed your Excel sheets.
    The move has been largely successful and if you are using MarketXLS you may noticed reduced latency. So, what this means for you? Essentially nothing for now. Everything should be working normally.

2) New Integration with QuoteMedia.com Data

I am pleased to announce that we have now completely integrated with new premium QuoteMedia data for better accuracy and robustness. This was also updated on the servers yesterday. With Quotemedia's data integration we have the following new functions which are now available in this release.
    =InvoiceTurnover("Symbol")
    =AssetsTurnover("Symbol")
    =Dividendyield("Symbol")
    =Dividendrate("Symbol")
    =Pricetofreecash("Symbol")
    =PriceToTangibleBook("Symbol")
    =CashFlowPerShare("Symbol")
    =PriceToCashFlow("Symbol")
    =PElowLastFiveyears("Symbol")
    =PEHighLastFiveyears("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnAssetsLTM("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnCapital("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnInvestedCapitalOneYear("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnInvestedCapitalQuarter("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnEquityLTM("Symbol")
    =ReturnOnCapitalLTM("Symbol")
    =LongtermDebtToCapital("Symbol")
    =LeverageRatio("Symbol")
    =InterestCoverage("Symbol")
    =RevenuePerShare("Symbol")
    =RevenueFiveYears("Symbol")
    =RevenueThreeYears("Symbol")
    =EbitMargin("Symbol")
    =GrossMargin("Symbol")
    =ProfitMarginCont("Symbol")
    =PreTaxProfitMargin("Symbol")

3) New Technical Functions:

Following new technical functions are also available
    =RelativeStregthIndex("Symbol", Optional Days defaults to 14)
    =SimpleMovingAverage("Symbol", Optional Days defaults to 30)
    =ExponentialMovingAverage("Symbol", Optional Days defaults to 30)
    =MoneyFlowIndex("Symbol", Optional Days defaults to 14)

3) Historical Close Data Menu items:

[​IMG]

New menu items to get X historical trading close prices.

4) MarketXLS Blog

We have written a few useful Excel templates using MarketXLS that could be used to Value any stock. Most valuable methods are then combined in form on an ebook. This ebook is attached herewith as well. All these templates should work with MarketXLS Pro version.

https://marketxls.com/7BestValuationMethods-MarketXLS.pdf

6) Updated Terms of Use

We have updated our terms of License. If you are a registered user, by continuing to use MarketXLS you agree to our terms of the License. The file and latest terms will always be available on our Forum announcement page at the link here.

Below are the key tasks we are working on for coming release...

1) Reworking on Barchart integration module
    2) New Price screener to be able to screen stocks on quotes and volatility
    3) Valuation Models - with ability to share models between MarketXLS users - new
    4) Add more price/volatility related screeners just like the RSI one.

5) Buying & integrating new data on earnings, estimates and Canadian Options

2. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

I just tried the new version and while it works for stocks and ETF's, it no longer works for mutual funds. Prices shown now are identical to what it showed on Saturday, even though they should have changed after the close on Monday. Formula used is like this "=MF_Price(E16)".

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I am checking it.

Kind regards
    Ankur

4. ankurwuzzzzzzzzzup

ankurwuzzzzzzzzzup New Member

That's awesome you added =RelativeStregthIndex I wanted to put in a feature request for RSI but figured Yahoo Finance couldn't provide it.

marketxls likes this.
  5. Frank McCraw

Frank McCraw New Member

Hi Ankur,

I tried EMA8, SMA20 and SMA50 on 5 different stocks yesterday and the returned number was wrong for all of them. (I couldn't tell about the RSI,) While they were "ballpark" to the current price, they were significantly wrong that you could not evaluate whether the price was above or below the moving average usably. Stocks were DIS, XOM, FTR, CTL, KR. Too bad SMA200 returned NA for each. Thanks.

#5 Frank McCraw, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Frank,
    Thanks for highlighting.
    Ok, yes. I have noticed some calculations there may need to be optimized. They will be fixed on the servers this weekend.

Kind regards
    Ankur

7. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

On June 27th it looked like you had made an improvement as all my mutual funds were fine. Just two of my ETF's were off. However today, almost everything is off, stocks, ETF's, and mutual funds.

8. graovsko

graovsko New Member

Are you getting correct values returned for this function because I am not. For instance for ABBV it returns 29.5 (on 7/1/17) and the correcdt value is 71.5.

9. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

All tech functions are fixed on the development server, they will be launched in production on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

10. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Will that include getting correct process for stocks, ETF's and mutual funds?

11. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

Not sure I understand. As I understand only the technical indicators introduced in this release have some calculation issues which we have already fixed on the server. Please can you explain if there is anything else?

Thanks

12. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Please look at my entries above. My latest results from Saturday morning, July 1st are as shown in this example:
    SCHW 42.97 42.96
    USMV 48.92 48.93
    QQQ 137.53 137.64
    SCHD 45.12 45.1
    SCHP 55.08 55.06
    AKREX 27.68 27.73
    TWEIX 9.21 9.22
    NWFFX 59.84 59.88
    WSHFX 42.09 42.21
    In the first column, the first entry is a stock, the next 4 are ETF's, and the last 4 are mutual funds. The second column has the prices returned by MarketXLS. The final column has the actual prices that should have been returned. They are in the ballpark, but not exact. For the stock and ETF prices, my formula is =VALUE(YHOO_Price(A1)). For the mutual fund the formula is =MF_Price(A6)). These used to all wok with only a rare miss. Yesterday almost everyone was wrong. The actual prices are what I see in by brokerage account and at www.morningstar.com.

13. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

There could be slight difference due to the delay of 15 minutes in pricing. I will get a =Last_Price_Time function which will suggest what time the price was last recorded. So, the prices are not incorrect they are simply delayed for a few minutes.

Please use =last("Symbol") for all pricing, also try =lastpricerealtime("Symbol")

Kind regards
    Ankur

14. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

I did a refresh all again today, using my current formulas, and it still shows the incorrect prices. However, the "=LastPriceRealTime(A1)" does appear to give the correct prices. I will change my template to use that instead of the previous. Do note that the previous worked fine until your latest release!

15. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

The prices are delayed but not incorrect. I understand why they are slightly different. With this release we have moved to a more long term and reliable source of data which is Quotemedia. I will still double check your examples tomorrow when markets are open and double check numbers.

16. Stephen Vetter

Stephen Vetter New Member

17. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

1) I use RSI plus direction as a decision input - was happy to see from this forum stream that RSI function was added. Please note the typo in your post (missing n in Strength). - Ok, Thanks Stephen. I wil fix it.

It would be great if you can also add a RSI Direction function, e.g.
    =RelativeStrengthIndexDirection("Symbol", Optional Days, Optional days smoothing (e.g. as % of optional days) ) with output range +1 (up) to -1 (down).
    (or alternatively add a zero band trigger value and outputs of +1, 0, -1) Hmm, ok. Let me look into this.

2) I also use direction indicators with 200, 50 & 10 D SMAs - would be nice if similar direction indicator could be provided for SMA and EMA functions, or with the Fifty_day and TwoHundred_day functions OK. Good ideas. Thanks a lot. I will get them

3) I had downloaded the file "marketxlsfunctions.xlsx" but the several functions in the 2017-06-20 post weren't included - it would be great if an up-to-date copy of this file could be maintained and linked from the forums. Yes. Pending at my end. Will update.

18. Stephen Vetter

Stephen Vetter New Member

Hi - Thank you for the update.

Kind regards, Stephen

19. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Just did a Refresh All this morning. The results are horrible. Before, they were close, now they make no sense at all. here are two columns showing the prices just returned from the "=LastPriceRealTime(*)" lines and last weeks prices from the same function:

8.13 42.96
    3.71 48.93
    88.85 137.64
    8.13 45.10
    8.13 50.19
    8.13 55.06
    59.63 27.73
    36.98 9.22
    90.34 59.88
    74.06 42.21
    59.34 18.54
    59.34 86.46
    90.34 23.83

As you can see they make no sense at all! What is going on???

20. John Tangney

John Tangney New Member

Previously you told me to:

"Please use =last("Symbol") for all pricing, also try =lastpricerealtime("Symbol")"

At the time, the "=lastpricerealtime("Symbol")" worked fine. Now it gives me crazy results. However, I just switched to the " =last("Symbol")" and that appears to work (thought I have not yet confirmed the accuracy of the results.

marketxls likes this.