Quotes not updating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dpsours, Jul 7, 2016.

Quotes not updating

1. dpsours

dpsours New Member

Not sure what version I have and don't see a way to find out, but the LastTrade_PriceOnly has stopped working consistently. My spreadsheet has a number of instances of that function call, and when I do a Refresh All, some will update and some won't, and it's not the same ones each time. I am running Excel 2010 version 14.0.7166.5000 32-bit.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Dave,

There are many alternatives to this function. Like Last, LastPriceRealTime, please can you try one of those while I am checking this one?

Thanks

Ankur for MarketXLS

3. dpsours

dpsours New Member

Well now it's working. I had the problem twice, a couple of days apart, which is why I posted this issue. Not much point in trying the other functions if the one I had the issue with is now working. Will re-post if it crops up again. Thanks!

4. boveri

boveri New Member

I have having trouble getting correct quotes. In a large spreadsheet I have inserted the LastPriceRealTime function for only 6 line items. The correct quotes are in the second column and the returned MarketXLS quotes are in the second column. The NYSE symbols below are for Qwest fixed-income securities:
    CTY 25.52 390.90
    CTZ 25.72 0.34
    CTQ 26.56 26.56
    CTU 26.27 9.25
    CTV 26.40 n/a
    CTW 25.61 25.61
    CTX 26.17 1.50
    Only two correct quotes were returned (after multiple tries).
    Ankur, What corrective action do you recommend?
    Thanks, John

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John,

Thats for notifying, I am checking on these. Meanwhile please use =Last function. I have checked with Last functions and values are correct.

Kind regards

Ankur for MarketXLS