- Professional-grade Historical Stock/Currency data in Excel
- Nicely designed user interface to get data in easily
- History to 1996, reliable data source
- Get data for multiple stocks and indices at one go
- Retrieved data gets formatted nicely
- Get Minute by Minute data updates
- All US and Canadian securities
- Data include open, high, low, close, volume, dividends, splits
- Use Excel functions to get historical pricing for stocks/indices/currencies on specific dates
- Data includes dividend, splits, pricing and adjustments history
- Almost all currency pairs included
Historical Stock data in Excel
Our stock prices data comes from reputed and reliable sources. The data can be download with a few clicks using MarketXLS user interface and it can also be accessed using easy to use Excel formulas like =close_historical(“GOOG”, Today()-30) . Historical data formulas are also available to get the historical pricing of indices as well for easier comparison between individual stocks, sector indices, and other economic indicators.
Historical stock prices with Excel formulas
Apart from the menu system, you can also use MarketXLS functions like =Close_historical(“MSFT”,Today()-1) to get the close price of any symbol and any day in past. This example gets the close price of MSFT yesterday (Today()-1). You may also pass in a specific date in history and get the value.
Just like close_historical, there are many other functions to get Open Price, High Price, Low Price and Volume.
MarketXLS has everything you would need as an investor to manage all your stock portfolio needs within Excel. The add-in is designed to fit right within your workflow and provides you the required data the way you want. You can plugin this data within your financial models or portfolio spreadsheets and the data will refresh automatically keeping your numbers always latest.
Other than historical stock data in excel, the add-in also provides live and delayed data for stock quotes, futures, options, ETFs, and currency quotes. The add-in also provides all the fundamental and technical data for the stocks including balance sheet, income statement, and cashflow metrics and hundreds of technical indicators and stock charts.
Supercharge your stock research with MarketXLS.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org