Licence Allocation

Discussion in 'Feature Ideas' started by rekkiedominee, Jul 27, 2017.

Licence Allocation

1. rekkiedominee

rekkiedominee New Member

Hi.

Is there any possibility to allow for 2 installations per subscription? Or for a small fee? I'm constantly switching between my desktop & laptop which means I need to switch the license all the time?

Regards,

mb

2. David Chase

David Chase New Member

Bumping this. I'm a personal user and I know I'm not exactly the target market here, but I have both a desktop and a laptop and it's unfortunate that I can't use my spreadsheet when I'm roaming the house with my laptop. I also can't justify the (already steep for a personal user) price tag to simply buy a second license.

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi David,

MarketXLS License is floating by nature. This means that the license can itself be applied to any number of machines. However, one license will only work on one machine at a time. So, let's say you are using the license on machine1 and then you want to use the same on machine2. You can simply apply the license key on machine1 and apply it to machine2 and start using machine2.

Once, you do that MarketXLS installed on machine1 will stop working. If you want to use machine1 then you can simply apply the same license on machine1 and start using it.

Kind Regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

4. David Chase

David Chase New Member

Thanks Ankur. I understand, but it is a pain having to switch the license every time I walk from my basement (desktop) to my living room (laptop) since I do so many times a day. I understand your design decision, I just wanted to throw my "+1" into the discussion, especially since single-PC homes are so rare these days.

Anyway, I love the product, have a great day!

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks David, I appreciate your feedback.

One option is to get a second license for the other machine.

Kind Regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS