PreviousClose and Last functions returning NA

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Greg Lubushkin, Feb 23, 2018.

PreviousClose and Last functions returning NA

1. Greg Lubushkin

Greg Lubushkin New Member

This has been happening with increasing frequency, particularly as it relates to anything other than common stock quotes. A number of ETF/CEF and preferred stocks are coming back as NA during the market and after market close. This is usually corrected late in the day or by the next morning, but it makes midday analysis difficult. What's the issue? Anything on my end?

2. sdm

sdm New Member

As a specific examples, LastTrade_PriceOnly for PIMIX and PHYZX are both returning NA, and this has been the case since at least yesterday. When can we expect a fix?

3. okatz901

okatz901 New Member

I am still seeing this issue....?

4. sdm

sdm New Member

LastTrade_PriceOnly(PHYZX) still returns NA...

5. imwechter

imwechter New Member

It's actually worse right now than the last post. Yesterday, with the markets closed for the weekend, only a few of the open-end mutual funds in my database were returning "N/A" prices. Today, none of the open-end mutual funds are returning the value "N/A". And, yes, this is becoming a more frequent problem that is extremely disappointing and frustrating! In my case, I have found that this specific problem occurs mostly on the weekends and sometimes, after mutual fund NAV's are posted. I really admire, Ankur, the owner of the company for what he has accomplished. However, if he is relying on either live, intra-day, and/or end-of-day pricing feeds that are faulty or inaccurate, I may have to look elsewhere to update the security prices in my database, or not rely on an automated, downloaded, pricing service.

6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, we have made some updates tonight, please can you check again?

Thank You
    Ankur for MarketXLS

7. sdm

sdm New Member

Things seem to be working for me now. Thanks!

marketxls likes this.
  8. okatz901

okatz901 New Member

I can confirm this is generally working for me using the =Last function with the exception of one fund on my worksheet; RDPIX which is still returning NA

marketxls likes this.
  9. sdm

sdm New Member

We're back to LastTrade_PriceOnly returning NA for several tickers, including PIMIX, PHYZX, and VTSAX. This has really got to stop...

10. sdm

sdm New Member

It's still not working. It'd be helpful to have some information about what is being done to resolve this issue.

11. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi sdm, we are going to resolve the Mutual fund and option data feed issues with integration Quotemedia data feed. This may mean end user may need to sign up for the better data feed from the vendor directly. We are already working on the integration and expect to release a version next week or so. For all existing users we will take up a lot of cost ourselves but a very little per user fee (less than $8 pm for both) may apply. We are trying to work out so there is minimal financial impact on our users. Nothing is finalized as yet but the development is already on. I will update you on email as soon as we have more concrete details.

Kind regards
    Ankur

12. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

PIMIX, PHYZX, and VTSAX. I checked and they seem to be working fine. Are they not working for you?

Thanks

13. sdm

sdm New Member

Thanks for the report on what's being done. For the time being, the quotes for those tickers are working again. Less than an hour ago, they were not.

marketxls likes this.
  14. sdm

sdm New Member

We're back to NA for PIMIX, PHYZX, and VTSAX, sigh.

15. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, sdm
    I am checking on these.

Kind regards
    Ankur

16. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like these are working fine. The QM solution will be a permanent fix for this. Thanks for your patience. we are working on it.

Kind regards
    Ankur

17. Jason Christmas

Jason Christmas New Member

Ankur I am also having extreme issues with historical data returning N/A for multiple mutual funds, index's and ETF's. It may just be the Mutual funds though, because I pull these in groups of 5 for each sheet I run. I am currently running 8.0.0.11 for commercial use. I am currently having issues with all of the following:
    ^GSPC, VTI, SPY, ^RUT, MRGRX, PRF, EZM, PRFZ, NDVIX, EFA, OAKIX, IXUS, PXF, EEM, ODVYX, PXH, GLD, VNQ, RWO, RAAIX, MGLIX, IGE, GNR, DLDRX, GUNR, DBC, USCI, CMCAX, SKSRX, MLPTX, TORIX, AMJ, EMLP, MLPTX, TORIX, GLD, IAU, OUNZ, DGL, SPY

18. sdm

sdm New Member

Once again LastTrade_PriceOnly("PHYZX") is returning NA. Will there never be a reliable fix for this?

19. amboisvert

amboisvert New Member

=Last("xbdjx") returning N/A

=Last("xrfix") works fine

The prefix and suffix of X provides the NAV price of the symbol

Please help.

20. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

We have made some updates regarding these. We are working with data vendor for a permanent fix of these. Integration is complete from our end, but there are a few items being worked on .

Thanks for you patience.
    Thanks