Can't get QM_list to to show data between specific dates

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Christopher, Feb 1, 2020.

Can't get QM_list to to show data between specific dates

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I think it may be a formatting issue or something. I found an old thread with a similar complaint, but the solution offered doesn't help me.
    When i refer to a cell for the "start" and "end" dates using the "GetIntervals" method, and those cells have the dates i want in them and are in some excel date format, it seems to just ignore the date requests, and give me results in the requested interval counting backwards from now.
    When i spell out the dates in YYYY-MM-DD format in quotes within the function itself, it returns "no data retrieved"
    i have attached the file for your reference.

As a further question, a few days ago during a live demo you showed me a way to call historical OHLCV data between two specific time, but the "GetIntervals" method only takes start and end dates, not start and end times. can you tell me what you used to do that. i believe the syntax involved the "^" symbol.

I've also noticed a similar issue with the "Custom Dates" option in the MarketXLS tab. when choosing to get data on a minutely basis, it responds
    'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
    or "no data" or something like that.

Attached Files:

#1 Christopher, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chris,

The GetIntervals method does not take the "Start"and the Ënd" date parameters. But only the intervals.
    If you try like this it should work.
    =QM_List("getintervals","symbol",$C$2,"interval",$D$7)

The "Start" and "End" date parameters are available for GetHistory method, which should return the End of the Day data.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Kind regards\
    Ankur

3. Christopher

Christopher New Member

So does this mean i cannot get historical minute data on a date range?

4. Christopher

Christopher New Member

This method does work, but im looking for a way to get historical minute or 5 minute data at specific times, such as between June 5 at noon and june 7 at noon in 2016. you demonstrated to me on thrusday during a demo that this could be done.

Even when i use the "custom dates" option in the historical pricing tab, it wont give me any data if i ask for minutely data. it gives me this error
    'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
    however when i choose a longer time period, it gives data without any problem

#4 Christopher, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020