LastTrade_PriceOnly(), Change(), ChangeInPercent()

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alan Koehler, Nov 8, 2017.

LastTrade_PriceOnly(), Change(), ChangeInPercent()

1. Alan Koehler

Alan Koehler New Member

I am using the latest version of MarketXLS and have seen the performance improve dramatically over the past day or two. However, when I select Refresh All, the data shown in LastTrade_PriceOnly(), Change(), and ChangeInPercent() is not refreshing dynamically during the market day but only showing the closing data from the prior market day. Are these functions still being worked on as part of the server maintenance or am I doing something wrong in the new version (8.0.0.7)?

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Alan,

Please can you give me an example? I have been monitoring this but saw right prices. =Last("MSFT") like this is showing 83.97 right now which seems to correct.

Let me know
    Thanks

3. Alan Koehler

Alan Koehler New Member

Hi Ankur,
    I have been experimenting with my spreadsheet and have found that if I use the Last() function I can pull in the last trade but if I use the LastTrade_Price Only() function then it continues to show the close price from yesterday. I will continue to experiment with the various Change functions to try to determine which are pulling in current data and which are showing data from yesterday's close.
    Thanks
    Alan

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, I see. Let me check the lastTrade_Price one. For now it seems to be same. I will monitor. Yes, please feedback here.

Thanks a lot Alan.
    Ankur

5. Alan Koehler

Alan Koehler New Member

Ankur,
    Thank you for your quick response. I keep experimenting and am finding some weird behavior in my spreadsheet. To illustrate, I switched all my functions to Last() from LastTrade_PriceOnly(). Using AAPL as an example, I have a cell with the function Last(C7) with C7 referencing the cell with the symbol AAPL. If I tab off this cell, sometimes it will then show the last price of today and sometimes it will revert to the close price of yesterday.

I have tried both ChangeInPercent() and Change_PercentChange() and both consistently pull in the change percent from yesterday's close. Similarly I have tried both Change() and Change_Real_time() and both consistently show the change from yesterday's close as well.

I am struggling to find any patterns. Are there cache settings that can prevent the new incoming data from replacing the old. When I look at the Add-In settings in Excel I see that MarketXLS is listed as both an Excel Add-In and a COM Add-In. Is this correct?
    Thanks,
    Alan

6. JeffTraeger

JeffTraeger New Member

I'm having the same problem - Last Trade Price Only returns yesterday's close. In addition EPS this year and next year returns the message "this function is being fixed" in each of the cells.