New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.5

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, Aug 16, 2017.

New MarketXLS Release Version 8.0.0.5

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Following are the key updates in this release of MarketXLS….

1) Auto update MarketXLS Historical Data Tables

With this version, you will be able to auto-update historical data tables produced by MarketXLS at the click of a button. This auto update feature should not break your look ups or references.

Simply, right click on any cells within the table and click on Auto update, MarketXLS will automatically identify the current region of the table. And update it at the same location like shown below. More details about this topic can be found in our forum here.

[​IMG]

2) New functions

To get Investments in History for a stock both Current and Non-Current.

hf_Investments(Symbol, Year, Optional quarter, Optional TTM)
    hf_Investments_Current(Symbol, Year, Optional quarter, Optional TTM)
    hf_Investments_NonCurrent(Symbol, Year, Optional quarter, Optional TTM)

New Technical Indicators Category

=RelativeStrengthIndex(Symbol , Days,)
    =SimpleMovingAverage(Symbol , Days )
    =ExponentialMovingAverage(Symbol, Days)
    =MoneyFlowIndex(Symbol, Days)
    =Momentum(Symbol, Days)
    =AverageTrueRange(Symbol,Days)
    =MidPointOverPeriod(Symbol,Days)
    =MinusDirectionalIndicator(Symbol, Days)
    =PlusDirectionalIndicator(Symbol, Days)
    =TimesSeriesForecast(Symbol, Days)
    =WilliamsR(Symbol, Days)

Some of the technicals were added in the last release but were not working. They all should be fixed and working fine with this release.

[​IMG]

New Utility Category

When you are making charts (even the default excel charts) showing quarterly changes in any metric for a stock it becomes a bit tricky to handle dates. You generally need a date in X axis instead of Q2 2017 type string.

To make it easier we have added the following functions...

=LastDayInQuarter("Month","Year")
    =FirstDayInQuarter ("Month","Year")
    =FirstDayInMonth("Month Number")

All these will return Excel's date format values which can be easily plotted on the x axis of the chart.

This is particularly useful when you want to make charts like show below showing quarterly movement for $FIT, Fitbit Inc, NYSE: FIT, current assets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Charting Updates

Following new features were added on the charts for easier sharing and saving customizations.

[​IMG]

4) Barchart Pricing Updates

Note* - Barchart add-ons are completely OPTIONAL, they do not impact any existing functionality or default data in MarketXLS data.

Barchart has reduced their real-time (no-delay at all) pricing for MarketXLS users and the new pricing starts at $39 per month for 100 symbols.

The latest pricing is available here.

Also, if you have been using Barchart module in MarketXLS, with this release, you will be able to choose if you want to stop the automatic updates to the prices and only call the prices using the "Refresh All" button.

This setting can be configured in the Settings menu. More details on this are available on the forum here.

5) Barchart Advanced Options (New Optional Paid Add-on from Barchart)

Note* - Barchart add-ons are completely OPTIONAL, they do not impact any existing functionality or default data in MarketXLS data.

We have worked with Barchart to be able to provide more advanced Options related data with MarketXLS. So, now you will be able to get almost real time option pricing with option history, expiry dates, all Greeks, volatility etc using new formulas.

This is a direct optional subscription with Barchart. If you are interested please reply to this email or you can directly contact Barchart Inc. The price for this subscription is $99 a per month.
    Note: This does not impact in anyway existing option related functions and features like option chains etc. This is a paid Optional add-on for those who need absolute detailed real time option data.

The forum link below has all the details, on how these functions will be used.

Barchart Advanced Option Functions - Optional Addon

[​IMG]

6) Other fixes and improvements

* Fixed the delay in =Previous_Close
    * Fixed =hf_Shares_Basic and =hf_MarketCap functions
    * Many other optimizations

Below are the key tasks we are working on for coming release...

1) Reworking on Barchart integration module - done - with this release.
    2) New Price screener to be able to screen stocks on quotes and volatility
    3) Valuation Models - with ability to share models between MarketXLS users - new
    4) Add more price/volatility related screeners just like the RSI one.
    5) Buying & integrating new data on earnings, estimates and Canadian Options

2. dpcooper

dpcooper New Member

With this new release, I cannot update the prices for stocks and options, or get other info for a whole spreadsheet on demand by clicking on "Refresh Selected". I either have to highlight the cells I want to update, or use the auto refresh which I have to turn off if I want to view my spreadsheets.

It would be convenient if you would re-instate the ability to update a spreadsheet by simply clicking "Refresh Selected" I hope you can do this soon.

David Cooper

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi David,

We did not do anything with refresh selected in this release. So, all should be normal. Please note that refresh selected is only for selected cells. So, "I cannot update the prices for stocks and options, or get other info for a whole spreadsheet on demand by clicking on "Refresh Selected"" - this is how it always was. I am thinking if you mean "Refresh All" instead of refresh selected?

Honestly, not sure I understand very well the scenario. Do you mean Refresh all?

Thanks

4. dpcooper

dpcooper New Member

In the leftmost menu, the bottom selection is "Refresh Selected" Above it is "Refresh All". I have only selected "Refresh All" once, and it did refresh everything in the many paged workbook I had open, much to my chagrin, since it contained historical data. It took "forever" for the refresh to take place due to the very large number of data points. I did not save this workbook instance.

During the many years I have used your program, I have selected "Refresh Selected", once it became available, several times every day the market is open and again 15+ minutes after market close to get prices for my lengthy list of stocks, etf's, funds, and options, 196, currently. Until this program update, selecting "Refresh Selected" did, indeed, update all data points in the entire worksheet. The worksheet has data points for current price and price change since last close ( =H367-PreviousClose(Y367), where H367 is =LastTrade_PriceOnly(Y367), and Y367 is the symbol). Entries for stocks and etf's also had data points for dividends.

Interestingly, I had refreshed this huge worksheet before noticing that there was a new version of the program. The worksheet refresh per my method worked fine. After installing the new version of the program, I attempted another refresh, and got no response. I tried various things including turning on the "5 mins Refresh", which did a refresh. Needless to say, using "5 mins refresh" to update my large worksheet would not be to my advantage since the worksheet "locks up" during a refresh and I can't scroll around in it. I then read your pop-up note by pointing to "Refresh Selected" and saw that I was going to have to select cells to update. Needless to say, because of the limit of data points that can be refreshed, I have to manually highlight each column's cells, one column at a time, to get all my entries' updated.

I really do like your program, as it allows me to monitor a very large list of securities, a task that I couldn't do without the program. I don't use all its many functions. I use it only to track prices, price changes, and dividends. I can work around having to highlight columns for updates, but I will certainly miss being able to refresh the entire worksheet with the click of one button.