No Market XLS functions showing up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Giladog, Aug 15, 2016.

No Market XLS functions showing up

1. Giladog

Giladog New Member

I just purchased a new license for the software and installed as directed.  I applied my license successfully, but still no MarketXLS function work, or even show up in the library.  Any Help?

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

This usually happens when MarketXLS is not installed as an Administrator. Please can you check and confirm that you followed the article below and install it again?

http://marketxls.com/knowledgebase/how-to-install-marketxls/

Let me know.

Many Thanks
    Ankur

3. rkmathew

rkmathew New Member

I have the same problem. Upgraded to Excel 2016 and the functions do not show up, but the ribbon menu does. Tried reinstall with no success. Marketxls still works in Excel 2010 on same machine.

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Roy,

MarketXLS is fully supported with 2016. "Marketxls still works in Excel 2010 on same machine." - So you have 2 versions of Excel on the same machine? Or you have Excel 2016 on another machine?

Let me know. If this is not solved we can do a quick screenshare or we can send you another MSI installer.

Kind regards
    Ankur

5. rkmathew

rkmathew New Member

Both Excel 2010 and Excel 2016 are on the same computer.

I also get a "warning" each time I open excel that the app did not activate correctly.   I have always had this on two different computers and MarketXLS still always works fine (in Excel 2010 and 2013).

Here is the log file from the Error:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows    : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime  : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll   : 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    clr.dll    : 4.6.1076.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    dfdll.dll    : 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    dfshim.dll    : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url   : file:///C:/Users/Roy/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/8O93967K.HV9/1L60QGH4.5A5/marketxls_c345630e3d1f4aa0_0006.0000_770bccdacacdae76/marketxls.appref-ms%7C
    Server  : Apache
    Deployment Provider url  :

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\8O93967K.HV9\1L60QGH4.5A5\marketxls_c345630e3d1f4aa0_0006.0000_770bccdacacdae76\marketxls.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Activation failed.
    + Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [8/16/2016 5:08:47 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\8O93967K.HV9\1L60QGH4.5A5\marketxls_c345630e3d1f4aa0_0006.0000_770bccdacacdae76\marketxls.appref-ms| has started.
    * [8/16/2016 5:08:47 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/16/2016 5:08:51 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
    - Activation failed.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

6. rkmathew

rkmathew New Member

I may have partially fixed the problem.  My anti-virus was blocking the adxlauncher .  I allowed this program and now no longer get the error message on start-up. All now works well on Excel 2010,   I still do not have the functions available in Excel 2016 (only the menu).

7. tomroesler

tomroesler New Member

This also happened to me and I made sure that I installed as administrator.  I am using Excel 2016

8. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Thanks for your messages, We have now created a new setup msi file which I will email all users on this thread on Monday morning. This setup file should take care of any installation issues you are facing.

Kind Regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

9. rkmathew

rkmathew New Member

Ankur, I never received the new set up file.  Can you send it.  Thanks

10. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Roy,

Just did.

Kind regards

Ankur for MarketXLS

11. Stan

Stan New Member

[​IMG]

tried to start over?   cannot UNINSTALL......   Have the same problem as others in this thread.  VALID LICENSE,  No marketxls in FUNCTIONS

12. Stan

Stan New Member

I was able to UNINSTALL "marketXLS" using C Cleaner (http://www.piriform.com/)  then INSTALLED again, Marketxls stocks now show up in Funstions.

13. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, Thanks for the update Stan.

Let me know if you face any other issues.

Thanks

Ankur for MarketXLS

14. bollard

bollard New Member

Could I get a copy of the new .msi installer. It seems that my marketxls menu always disappears even though the add-in shows up in excel 2007 options and is checked. I've uninstalled and reinstalled as administrator several times. But the menu always disappears.

15. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Alan,

Sent you an email. Please can you try that out and confirm?

Thanks

Ankur for MarketXLS