Update MarketXLS Historical tables automatically

Discussion in 'Historical Data' started by marketxls, Aug 14, 2017.

Update MarketXLS Historical tables automatically

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

From release number 8.0.0.5, you will be able to keep the historical tables produced by MarketXLS updated with click of a button.

Select any cell within the table and click on update table like shown below...

upload_2017-8-14_7-7-53.png

MarketXLS uses Excel's Current Region property to automatically understand the range of the cells that make up the historical table. Current Region is the range of cells that get selected when you Press CTRL + A in Excel. For this reason, please note that historical table must be a standalone table which means that the table needs to be separated by blank rows and columns on all sides.

MarketXLS will understand the last date in the table and will try and update the table to the last available day's prices.

As on August 15th 2017, this only works with tables that have daily OHLCV data produced by marketXLS.

2. Jason

Jason New Member

First, I want to thank you this update, the new features are extremely helpful and I really appreciate your hard work and continuous dedicating on improving the system.

I have have a quick follow up question regarding the historical data update. If I want to update the historical price for large quantity of stocks (e.g. every stock in the SP 500, or a custom list with 1000 stocks in there), can I achieve this through macro or do marketXLS currently have tools to assist with this? Please let me know at your convenience.

Thank you.

marketxls likes this.
  3. Nemanja

Nemanja New Member

Using Excel 2019. When I right-click on any cell inside a table, I don't see the MarketXLS options as listed on the screenshot above. The last option visible is "link" (renamed from "Hyperlink" in earlier Excel versions).