Decimal separator error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by laurens, Oct 6, 2017.

Decimal separator error

1. laurens

laurens New Member

I have recently installed the latest version of market xls.
    I have a very strange behavior with stocks. It does for whatever reason place the decimal separator at the wrong position.
    I played around with the settings in excel for . and , as decimal separator. But this did not bring any change in the result. What even wonders me a little bit is that the factor in which the result is wrong differs for stocks. In case ING the factor difference is 9 and in case of ABN it is 10. Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong. Eventhough that the package is very nice I can not use it as I can not rely on the outcome. I have uploaded my excel sheet as well
    upload_2017-10-6_15-55-26.png
    kind regards and thanks,

Laurens

Attached Files:

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Laurens,

I see this issue. This is indeed about the Decimal and the difference. I will have a look and fix this on around 15th with a new release.

Thanks
    Ankur

3. Wojtek

Wojtek New Member

hi, i have somewhat similar problem:
    i use decimal format appropriate for Poland which is comma used as decimal separator.
    when i use function =last(A26) i get result as numerical with comma as decimal separator
    when i use function =DividendPerShare(A26) i get result with dot as decimal separator (same problem with =FiftyTwo_weekLow(A26) function)

numbers should be dowloaded as numbers so displayed locally in proper format - any suggestions how to fix it?
    regards
    wojtek

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Can you try =Value function? This should turn the number into a value and then you should be able to format it. Let me know

Thanks

5. Wojtek

Wojtek New Member

i tried but it does not work - seems the retrieved values are returned into excel as text but excel in Poland does not understand it as value since in Poland the delimiter must be comma not the dot
    the temporary workaround was copyying VALUES returned by the functions into new column and then replacing the dot into comma - this works but this is really just a temp solution
    i use the sample spreadsheet provided in the other thread by Kathy - see enclosed: yellow marked columns are added

Attached Files:

6. Wojtek

Wojtek New Member

looking at the content of the fields updated with =last function i see that the value is displayed with $ (so it is understood as currency) while firld updated with =DividendPerShare function is NOT presented as currency - possibly this difference helps
    upload_2018-1-4_13-23-17.png
    looking forward to help and new corrented software version
    best,
    wojtek

7. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, we will put this in the development list. It will be fixed in the new version.

Thank You
    Ankur