Dividend-Adjusted Closing Prices

Discussion in 'Pre-Sale Questions' started by rockinkf, Jul 30, 2017.

Dividend-Adjusted Closing Prices

1. rockinkf

rockinkf New Member

I seem to be finding conflicting information about whether MarketXLS includes an Excel function that will return a historical dividend- and split-adjusted closing price for stocks and ETFs. I read somewhere that a Barchart data subscription may be required, and elsewhere that historical adjusted close price information can be obtained from an Excel function, but only with a MarketXLS Pro subscription.

Please clarify whether MarketXLS provides an Excel function that returns historical adjusted close prices for stocks and ETFs, and whether a Barchart data subscription is required to use it, and whether a MarketXLS Pro subscription is required to use it.

Thank you.

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rockinkf,

historical dividend- and split-adjusted closing price for stocks and ETFs. - Are available without Barchart subscription by default.

We recommend a MarketXLS Version for all new customers as it provides the best value. However, you would be able to get adjusted close prices on a lower plan as well.

Kind regards
    Ankur

3. rockinkf

rockinkf New Member

Hello Ankur -

I have purchased and installed the "Advanced" version of MarketXLS and I have not been able to find an Excel function that returns the dividend/split adjusted closing price for stocks and ETFs. You wrote earlier that I should be able to do this with the "Advanced" version and without a Barchart subscription. I successfully used the 'Close_Historical' function to return the closing price for the ETF 'SPY' from 8/8/2016, and the value returned was the same "unadjusted" closing price shown by Yahoo. I then attempted to use the 'hf_Share_Price_Adjusted_Close' function, and after entering that function and values in a cell I received the message "Limited or expired License, click on License information on the Menu'. Am I indeed able to retrieve adjusted close prices for stocks and ETFs with the "Advanced" version of MarketXLS, and if so, how do I do it?

Regards,

rockinkf

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

We need to add an adjusted close historical function. I am marking this thread as todo. Should be available shortly in the new version.

Thanks
    Ankur