Documentation

Discussion in 'Pre-Sale Questions' started by Don, Nov 6, 2017.

Documentation

1. Don

Don New Member

Is there documentation available for the Excel functions? I downloaded the marketxlsfunctions.xlsx spreadsheet that provides a list of functions but not what they do. Is there any other documentation available that provides a description of each function as I couldn't find any?

Thanks

2. Don

Don New Member

Any one?

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Don,

You can download the function reference from here. Most of these are the names that describe what they do. Is there anything in particular you want to clarify about?

Thanks
    Ankur

upload_2017-11-9_17-5-45.png

4. Don

Don New Member

I haven't purchased or downloaded it yet so can't use that procedure for downloading the reference. I did download marketxlsfunctions.xlsx from your web site. Is it the same thing?

I wasn't looking for clarification on anything in particular yet. Just looking for something a little more descriptive but looking at the list here is an example. What is the difference between the following?

FiftyTwo_weekHigh(Symbol)
    FiftyTwo_weekLow(Symbol)
    FiftyTwoWeekHigh(Symbol)
    FiftyTwoWeekLow(Symbol)

Last(Symbol)
    Last1(Symbol)
    Last2(Symbol)

PreviousClose(Symbol)
    PreviousClose1(Symbol)
    PreviousClose2(Symbol)

Without descriptions how do you know what the differences are between these? All functions should have a description.

5. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Sure Don,

The main function is =Last, =PreviousClose. Other functions are here for legacy reasons, they still work but we did not remove them for backward compatibility. We will likely hide them in coming releases to avoid confusion. But they will still continue to work in the background, because many users have used them in the past.

Kind regards
    Ankur