New MarketXLS release Version 5.0.0.0

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, May 25, 2016.

New MarketXLS release Version 5.0.0.0

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

We are happy to release new version of MarketXLS  v5.0.0.0 on Thursday 26th of May 2016. If you are an existing user, you will see a prompt when you start Excel. If you do not see a message, go to Settings/Help in the menu and click on check for updates. Follow the instructions and your marketxls version will be updated.

If you do not see any messages at all you can simply install a fresh version from http://www . MarketXLS . com / Setup .exe (remove spaces)

You will not need to uninstall your existing version, simply install the new version "AS AN ADMINISTRATOR".  

Following are the key updates in this release of MarketXLS....

1) MarketXLS is pleased to announce partnership with Barchart.com (a reputed real time market data vendor). MarketXLS is now a Barchart.com ISV (Independent Software Vendor).

This new implementation does not effect the data that is available via marketXLS already, this is a new addition on the top of what is already available.

[​IMG]

We have integrated Barchart's real time market data in MarketXLS, so users you can now access real time (no delay prices) of instruments within Excel by using MarketXLS new functions "rt_" category. "rt_" -  Real Time.

We have made a new category as show below for the functions...

[​IMG]

These new Barchart functions work on Excel's RTD (Real Time Data Server) model. They are very easy to use as the functions in the category work just as normal as all other marketXLS function. For these functions you do not need to refresh anything, as they auto update in Excel cells whenever servers send new information on prices.

Also, there is available a new BarChart dedicated client with which you can get Historical Data of symbols with more detail as ever. You can get Tick by Tick data, Minute by Minute data, Data with Custom Intervals (for example if you want 10 minute bars of OHLC), weekly etc. You can also restrict the number of records to make sure that you are not returning more than what Excel can reasonably handle.

[​IMG]

Through this integration MarketXLS now supports commodities, worldwide currencies along with stocks & derivatives.

The functions are very easy to use for example to get real time feed for price of a symbol simply use =rt_Last("MSFT"). For currency use =rt_Last("MSFT").

Barchart.com's data is available on a subscription bases and can be purchased from within the app. All you will need to do is enter your username and password and these functions will work. The subscription menu can be found by going to "Settings/Help">> "Settings">> "Data Subscriptions"

The full list of new functions available in this category is as below....

rt_time_stamp
    rt_Ask
    rt_AskSize
    rt_Bid
    rt_BidSize
    rt_Change
    rt_Exchange
    rt_Permission
    rt_Last
    rt_LastSize
    rt_Open
    rt_High
    rt_Low
    rt_Close
    rt_Volume
    rt_Open_Interest
    rt_Last_Previous_Session
    rt_Open_Previous_Session
    rt_High_Previous_Session
    rt_Low_Previous_Session
    rt_Close_Previous_Session
    rt_Volume_Previous_Session
    rt_Open_Interest_Previous_Session
    BarChart_Subscribed_Symbols() As String
    Barchart_Unsubscribe_Symbol

2) We have further optimized the Mutual Fund functions to make them faster.

3) Added a few more functions to get Historical Open, High, Low, and Volume in line with existing =Close_Historical("Symbol", "Date") function

4) Various other optimizations and fixes

To your investing success

Ankur for Marketxls.com Support

A  1 min video is here showing update process

2. rfguard

rfguard New Member

Installed v5.0.0 per directions on Excel 2010. Using Windows 7. When I reopened the spreadsheet marketxls was not there. Rebooted the computer; market xls still not there. Reinstalled v5.0.0. Marketxls not in Excel. Unregistered then registered marketxls; still not there. What should I do next?

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Richard,

I hope you are installing this as an administrator. If not, please can you try that and let me know?

I would recommend a complete uninstall like shown below...
    http://marketxls.com/knowledgebase/how-to-uninstall-marketxls/

And then a fresh install exactly as shown below, the only key thing is that you need to right click on the exe and then click on "Run as administrator", I suspect that is what you missed.
    http://marketxls.com/knowledgebase/how-to-install-marketxls/

Let me know.

Thanks
    Ankur for Marketxls.com

4. purrybonker

purrybonker New Member

Installed the update on release and immediately noticed that my dividend payments per share ("=DividendPerShare") now continue to show zero values for all my Toronto stocks (e.g. CM.TO).  Not sure if this is coincidental but has remained this way for two days.

Also, please advise the syntax for Canadian Mutual Funds.  As an example MMF4548 or AIC 313 - I am unable to figure out a syntax to get price quotes on these.

5. EvoTrade

EvoTrade New Member

Ow finally, real time tick-by-tick data?!
    What version of the software is this included in? The Basic or Pro ?

6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ron,

Its real time quotes with barchart and historical tick by tick data, along with any periodicity. Its available in all versions but requires a data subscription with Barchart.com which you can purchase from within the App. It is on the top of what you already get with MarketXLS. Its like an addon.

Thanks
    Ankur

7. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, we have seen that issue and we are working on canadian stocks (dividend per share). You can get the price as follows... =MF_Price("MANUVIECIBLC.TO")

Thanks
    Ankur for MarketXLS

8. EvoTrade

EvoTrade New Member

Thanks, I've just purchased the Core MarketXLS Package - Is there any special instructions for linking Barcharts with this Addin?

9. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ron,

Thats Great. There is nothing special as such in terms of working as it like any other marketXLS functions.

So, to simply only three things...
    1) Go to Settings/ Help in the menu. Click on Data subscription and click on Get Subscription to get your data subscription.
    2) And then to get real time data use functions that start with "rt_"
    3) To get historical data - click on "Custom Dates" drop down and the "Barchart Client"

Let me know if you face any issues.

Kind regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS