New MarketXLS Release Version 7.0.0.0

Discussion in 'Announcements, Updates and New Releases' started by marketxls, Sep 14, 2016.

New MarketXLS Release Version 7.0.0.0

1. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Following are the key updates in this release of MarketXLS:

1) Historical Fundamental Functions for all US stocks

We have 100 new functions which are available in Pro version with which you can get historical values of key fundamentals of any US stock.

[​IMG]

These functions work as shown below:

Revenue of MSFT Q3 2013: =hf_revenue("€MSFT"€,"€2013","€3"€)
    Revenue of MSFT Year 2015 : =hf_revenue("€MSFT"€,"€2015"€)
    TTM Revenue of MSFT Year 2015 Q3 : =hf_revenue("€MSFT"€,"€2015"€,"€3"€,"€TTM"€)

More details about these functions are available on our knowledgebase here.
    The complete list of all MarketXLS functions is available here.

2) New RSI Screeners

Every day we run the RSI indicator for daily close prices for all US stocks and store them in our databases. So, we screen the whole market and collect all the Overbought and Oversold stocks.

More details about this screener is available on our knowledgebase at the link below:
    http://marketxls.com/knowledgebase/marketxls-rsi-screeners/

3) New Fundamental History Screeners

These screeners will help you with following:

* Visualize year financial metrics for a single stock over 10 year period
    * Visualize a specific financial metric for multiple stocks over a 10 year period.

These screeners can be accessed as shown below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4) New Quick Charts with option to download and save charts

We have introduced 2 new Quick Charts in this release. The charts can be accessed through the menu as shown below:

Simply select a group of symbols to show price comparison. Or select a single symbol to get its Candlestick chart in a click. The charts are web charts and can be saved as images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5) Historical Data

Upto 40 stocks at one go - You should be able to select an Excel list of upto 40 stock symbols and get their historical data at one go the limit earlier was 10 symbols.

Also, you can now get historical data for currency sets.

6) Various other optimizations and fixes (around performance and accuracy)

Below are the key tasks we are working on for coming release:

1) Pre and Post market Scanner, to work with Barchart.com's data
    2) Portfolio Management Module fixes
    3) New Price screener to be able to screen stocks on quotes and volatility and others...
    4) Valuation Models
    5) Add more price/volatility related screeners just like the RSI one.

#1 marketxls, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. tpwicksteed

tpwicksteed New Member

Hi, thanks for the update. I just want to nudge you again towards my request covered in this forum post: http://marketxls.com/forums/topic/getting-data-from-lse/

You said it would be done in two updates time and this is the second update since I posted. However, reading the update notes and doing some testing, it seems that London Stock Exchange Historical Dividends are still not provided in MarketXLS. This is a very important part of my analysis and, for me at least, is much more important than built-in analysis tools like charts and screeners. If I have the data gathering capabilities, I can do the analysis myself in Excel.

I can be patient but please let me know what is going on. Is there a reason that you've had to delay it to a later update? Is it actually infeasible to even gather this data? Just be honest, and give me an estimate you will stick to. I will be understanding. :)

3. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for following up on that. To be honest I thought this data will be available in Quandl or some other source which I could buy and deliver. To my surprise I could not find a reliable source of Dividend data for LSE. Main reason for this delay is not able to get hold of a good dataset or API to integrate. So, I am not able to commit a release now but if you have some pointers for me that will be awesome and I will definitely expedite this. I will research more on my side as well to see if i find something.

Sorry for the confusion but I am just not able to get this easily with relatively less cost involved.

Cheers
    Ankur for MarketXLS