Stock Quote Accuracy and Option formulas

Discussion in 'Pre-Sale Questions' started by Sedona Rider, Apr 24, 2018.

Stock Quote Accuracy and Option formulas

1. Sedona Rider

Sedona Rider New Member

Hello, I am looking at an alternative solution to the Excel Add-In I am currently using. The current problem has trouble providing accurate information for both stock quotes and option values. I keep hearing from them, the data is pulled from the MSN and Yahoo databases, so they are not responsible for accuracy. Would have been nice if they told me this prior to purchasing it. In looking at MarketXLS, the stock quote formulas are straight forward, so I am just asking about accuracy. I understand, the quotes may be delayed. Currently, I am getting updates several hours after market close. What are the formulas for option pricing? I want to return the value of specific options over time, say a $50 option over the next 6 weeks, or 3 months depending upon what options are available for the underlying stock. Again, it does not have to be real-time, but within 15 minutes. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sedona

2. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Sedona,

Sorry for the delay in replying. For stocks MarketXLS should be absolutely fine. For options we are working with an integration with our Vendor to deliver for real time and delayed data. The options data in future will be a additional addon but we will have it. I would recommend you starting out as we are very close to delivering all the addons data.

Many thanks
    Ankur

3. Sedona Rider

Sedona Rider New Member

Ankur,

Thank you for your reply. Where does MarketXLS draw stock quote information from? Also, will there be an extra charge for the Options data you mention?

Sedona

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Sedona,

We have multiple data sources like Quandl, Quotemedia, Barchart, Intrinio and so on for stocks.I have sent you a message with some details.

Thank You
    Ankur

5. charboe

charboe New Member

Hi. I am Charles . I am considering of purchasing the PRO version My question is Can it download Philippine stock data. Appreciate any info you can give. Thanks

6. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I am afraid Philippines data is not available by default.

Kind regards
    Ankur for MarketXLS

7. charboe

charboe New Member

Hi. Is it possible to download data from free sourcess like msn,or yahoo.I also saw some data from morning star i wonder if ican download those ?