V8 problematic

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by amboisvert, Jan 19, 2017.

V8 problematic

1. amboisvert

amboisvert New Member

Windows 7, Excel 2007

A week or so after I installed V8, I got a message saying my license was bad, invalid and I could not use your product. So I found my license and re-applied it...all seemed fine. This morning I happened to look at Control Panel/Programs and noticed I had two marketxls versions installed - V7 and V8. So I uninstalled V7. After doing this, the marketxls tag disappeared from my Excel screen, so I am down again.

So I proceeded to uninstall the V8 version as well. I do not have any install code to reinstall. I could not locate it on the marketxls  web site. Please send my the install module for V8. Thank you

2. amboisvert

amboisvert New Member

OK, I found my V7 install and installed it. Now when I try to apply my Pro key is fails with:

"Could not connect to marketxls database. Logion failed for user "marletxls"

followed by

"Invalid license. Please check your key.

Come on man.....please help !!!!

3. amboisvert

amboisvert New Member

Never mind folks. I found the V8 install code in an email. I removed V7, installed V8 and was

able to apply my Pro key. Seems the problem(s) was caused by V7 not being removed by the

V8 install.

Two suggestions:

1) Put the latest install code on your web site for download since your support people are no able to react very quickly

2) Change your instructions to manually remove the old version first before installing the latest

4. marketxls

marketxls Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks a lot Alan.

Kind regards
    Ankur